ATV Rentals & Tours
Hit the back roads and off roads of Prescott. Take a bagged lunch, plenty of water and have a blast.
- There are plenty of offroad opportunities in Prescott and surrounding areas.
- Depending on your level of expertise, you can find a trail perfect for you.
- Most trails require that your vehicle have an OHV registration. Some areas do not have water. Some trips are very lengthy and difficult. Be sure to read up on your particular trail before heading out!
Where can I go?
Alto Pit OHV Area
What makes this area so great is that it has miles upon miles of trails for the more experienced rider, as well as a track designated specifically for beginner riders of small motorcycles.
- Distance: About eight miles
- Difficulty: Easy
- Trail Type: Dirt
- Trailhead: Has restroom facilities, picnic tables and fire rings, an loading and unloading area, and ramadas
- Other: There is a $5.00 day use fee for visitors. A permit is required.
This trip takes visitors through old mining towns, wildlife and dense high-desert vegetation.
- Distance: From start to finish, you’re looking at nearly 70 miles
- Difficulty: Moderate to difficult – there are some steeper climbs and larger drop-offs; this is a long trip that will require a full day
- Trail Type: Dirt and sand
- Trailhead: Start off behind the town of Mayer, head through Old Cordes Lakes
Hayfield Draw OHV Area
This OHV area has an area specifically for beginning riders, a motocross track and 40 acres of open riding.
- Distance: There are over 120 miles worth of trail, with the longest trail being 50 miles long
- Difficulty: From easy to moderate depending on trail
- Trail Type: Dirt
- Trailhead: Head north on Interstate 17 to Camp Verde, west on State Route 260 and then west to the OHV area. The trailhead is equipped with toilets, grills, tables and armadas.
- Other: The day use fee for this area is $5.00 a day. Be sure to bring plenty of water – there is no water here
I am looking for an offroad guide.
Look below for information on local guides and offroad equipment dealers.
and Travel Updates