- Plenty of variation in local vegetation.
- Great camping opportunities.
- Great off-road adventures.
What can I see and do within this mountain range?
- Off-road travel: The Santa Maria Mountains Loop Trail is a 35-mile off-road trail that will take explorers through the mountain range. High-clearance vehicles are best, but they’re not always necessary. This is a dirt road, and may have rocks, steep grades, water crossings or ruts that may make it difficult for the average car.
- History: Check out spots such as the Old Walnut Creek Cemetery and Walnut Creek Station as you take in the ever-changing forest scenery around you.
- Camping: Make a weekend of it as you camp under the huge shady pines and get to fall asleep under a starry sky. While there are no formal facilities, there’s plenty of flat ground to pitch your tent.
Where is the Santa Maria Range?
This mountain range is located in northwest Yavapai County, north of Prescott. The range is approximately 16 miles long.
Who can I call if I have more questions?
Anyone with additional questions can contact the Chino Valley Ranger District at 928-636-2302.