- Located about an hour from Prescott, to the north.
- Explore the wilderness on horseback, hike through the desert terrain and be sure to keep your eyes peeled for wildlife.
- Free 24-hour access means this attraction is always available!
What can I see and do in the Juniper Mesa Wilderness?
- Horseback riding: Many of the visitors to this wilderness area are on horseback. The sparse vegetation and flat terrain make horseback travel enjoyable.
- Hiking: It is also possible to hike in the area, but it is incredibly important to pack enough water. While there is the occasional creek or spring, they are not at all reliable.
- Wildlife viewing: There is ample opportunity for wildlife viewing here; from black bear, elk and bobcat to mule deer and squirrel.
Where is the wilderness?
The wilderness is located in the Prescott National Forest, in the southern Juniper Mountain range. It is approximately one hour from Prescott.
When is it open?
The wilderness is open 365 days a year, 24-hours a day.
How much does it cost?
There is no fee to access the Juniper Mesa Wilderness area.
Who can I call if I have more questions?
Contact the Prescott National Forest at 928-443-8000 with questions or concerns regarding the wilderness area.