- The Agua Fria River runs from Prescott all the way to the desert north of Phoenix.
- The two best areas to enjoy the Agua Fria River are at the Agua Fria National Monument and Lake Pleasant.
- Hike, hunt, view wildlife, or enjoy some off-road action.
What can I see/do at the Agua Fria River?
- Agua Fria National Monument: Located approximately 40 miles north of Phoenix, visitors to the monument can hike, view cultural sites and wildlife, do some bird watching, hunting and four-wheel driving.
- Lake Pleasant: The lake is a favorite among locals. Water and jet skiing, sailing and other water sports are very popular here, as well as mountain biking, camping, and hiking. It is also stocked with a number of breeds of fish.
Where is the river?
The river runs from northeast of Prescott in a southern direction until it ends at Lake Pleasant.
When is it open?
The monument is open 24-hours a day and camping is permissible. Lake Pleasant is open 24-hours a day, 365 days a year.
How much does the Agua Fria River cost?
There is no fee to get into the monument. The parking fee for Lake Pleasant is $6.00 per motorized vehicle.
Who can I call if I have more questions?
Anyone with questions regarding the monument can call 623-580-5500. Questions about the lake can be addressed to the Maricopa County Park & Recreation Department at 602-506-2930.