- Goldwater Lake is located within a comfortable distance of the center of Prescott.
- Be sure to bring the fishing poles, hiking boots and picnic lunch along.
What can I see/do at Goldwater Lake?
- Fishing: The lake is stocked with several types of fish regularly throughout the summer, including blue gill, rainbow trout and channel catfish.
- Boating: Kayaks, canoes and boats powered by electric motors are allowed on the lake.
- Hiking: There is a very low-impact trial that surrounds the lake, great for smaller children and those who are looking for something more relaxing than challenging.
- Picnic/Recreation: There are picnic tables, grills and restrooms all stationed around the lake. There is also a playground, a volleyball court and several horseshoe pits available.
Where is the lake?
Goldwater Lake is situated a little over four miles from downtown Prescott. If you’re traveling from the downtown area, head east on Gurley Street, south on Mount Vernon Street, and travel approximately four miles to the lake.
When is it open?
The lake is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day, from 6 A.M. until 10 P.M. From Labor Day to Memorial Day, the hours are 7 A.M. until dusk.
How much does admission cost?
There is a $2.00 parking fee for visitors.
Who can I call if I have more questions?
Contact the City of Prescott at 928-777-1122 with any additional questions or concerns.