- Located just miles from downtown Prescott, far enough away to give you the full experience, close enough that you’re within minutes of all the facilities you prefer.
- See Prescott at its most intimate by spending the weekend camping, hiking and fishing in the Prescott National Forest.
What can I see/do at Lynx Lake?
- Boating: Lynx Lake AZ is best suited for kayaking, sailing and canoeing, but boats with electric motors are also permissible. Forgot your boat at home? If you’re in the area in the late spring to early fall, you can rent one at the Lynx Lake Store.
- Fishing: The lake is nice for rainbow trout, crappie and catfish fishing.
- Picnic: While there are areas designated for picnics on both the south and north shores of the lake, there’s nothing to say you can’t also bring your red and white checked blanket and have a good ol’ fashioned picnic instead.
- Camping: There are two camping areas so you can be sure to get in your share of Lynx Lake camping: the Lynx Campground and the Hilltop Campground. Each has nearly 40 campsites, with toilets and drinking water. The sites are open April through October and are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Hiking: Lynx Lake is surrounded by a two-mile trail that is mostly suitable for all sorts of pedestrian traffic, including wheelchairs and strollers.
- Gold panning: The Salida Gulch Trailhead is designated for gold panning, so don’t forget your gold pan.
Where is the lake?
Driving up Highway 69 as if you’re leaving Prescott to head to Prescott Valley, head east on Walker Road and follow the signs to Lynx Lake.
When is it open?
The lake is open from dawn until dusk. For those staying overnight in the campgrounds, the hours between 10 P.M. and 6 A.M. are designated as “quiet hours”.
How much is admission?
Certain trails have an access fee, depending on amenities. There is an $18 fee for each night spent in a single camp site, $36 per night for a double camp site.
Who can I call if I have more questions?
The Bradshaw Ranger Station can be reached at 928-443-8000 with any questions.